As some of you may or may not know, Isaac was referred to a team of autism specialist at his two year check up (in July). Last week he was diagnosed with Autism and motor coordination disorder. We had a feeling that it was coming but still felt overwhelmed to have it confirmed. We feel fortunate that we have caugh it at a young age when early intervention is key. Incase you don't know Autism is a complex developmental disability that typically appears during the first three years of life. Autism impacts the normal development of the brain in the areas of social interaction and communication skills. We are hopeful that he will make great strides with treatment eventhough he will never be "cured" of autism. Isaac's tested higher than his age in cognitive abilities which makes us very optimistic. This isn't something that we ever thought we would have to face but we love our little boy more than ever. We are currently wading through all of the hoops and paperwork of setting up therapies, applying for grant money, insurance coverages, and educating ourselves about autism. Wish us luck.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I do wish you guys good luck. I think Isaac is so lucky to have good parents who are so concerned about him and willing to look into helping him more. I am sure you have done a great job with him and will continue to do so!
I love you and will support you in everything you need. I wish I was closer to give you a BIG HUG!!!I have a friend who has an autistic daughter that just this summer (age 4) tested out of the autistic range--she is in the "normal" range--so anything is possible Sarah! Just don't stop!!!! I love you guys!
We love Isaac and you guys more than ever! We're here for anything you need, always...
We will continue to pray for your cute family!!
We love you guys!!!
Good luck...but with parents like you guys he's already ahead of the game!
It was so fantastic to see you at Angie's party. Looks like life is getting interesting! We wish you good luck. Issac looks like a sweet boy.
Post a Comment